Bacon-Chipotle Ranch Dressing
This chipotle ranch dressing is smokey and hot but also has a nice cooling factor and added depth from the ranch dressing. The bacon is blending into the dressing and adds some additional richness and flavor as well.
The chipotle ranch dressing is great on a salad, especially if there is chicken or steak in the salad. This dressing can also be used as a great chipotle dipping sauce for vegetables, chicken wings, chicken fingers, or jalapeno poppers.
When making the dressing it is best to start out using fewer chipotle peppers and add more later if you need more heat. Even with the ranch dressing the chipotles can still quickly overpower the taste of the dressing.
Bacon-Chipotle Ranch Dressing Ingredients
4-5 Slices of Bacon
1-4 Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 Bottle of ranch dressing
Bacon-Chipotle Ranch Dressing Instructions
1) Heat a pan on the stove over medium heat.
2) Coarsely chop the bacon and add it to the pan. Cook it until the bacon is crisp and cooked through.
3) Take a blender or food processor and add the chipotle, the ranch dressing, and 3/4 of the bacon to it.
4) Blend the chipotles and other ingredients in the blender until smooth.
5) Taste the dressing and add more chipotle peppers if you want more heat.
6) Add the remaining bacon to the dressing and mix lightly to combine.
The bacon-chipotle ranch dressing
is now all set for you to use as you see fit.
Love Chile Peppers?
Come learn about 39 different chile peppers. Some are mild like the Anaheim and some are so hot they are literally being used as weapons. Complete with information about their origin and history, uses, and full-color photographs!
Available on Amazon.com
or as a PDF Download